About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Attitude of Gratutude times 8

Just like my last post stated, I am a bit behind...surprise!!!  Oh well, I guess the important part thing is I am back on track....sorry it will be a lengthy post, but hey...at least it makes me stop and think about the things in which I am grateful for.  This week I have concluded that on the days in which I did not take the time to stop and be grateful for things, then I began to be so overwhelmed and life seemed to spiral.  So with that...here we go!

Day 12-MY HOME

It might not be a mansion and have all the fancy extras, it might be small, but it is a place to provide shelter and warmth, a place to make memories, a place to laugh and a place to grow old with Wade.  It is small, but it is our home.



Day 13-TRANSPORTATION


I am thankful for my vehicle.  Just like my home, not fancy or big, but it gets me from Point A to Point B.  It is paid for and for the most part, it has been reliable.  Even though it has close to 150K, it still works and for that, I am grateful!
Nope, this isn't my car, but it is a cool car...A '67 Chevy Impala!

Day 14-HOMEMADE GOODIES

I am grateful for the knowledge I have to be able to make homemade things-bread, cookies, muffins, cakes, rolls, pies, etc.....Thank you to those who taught me how to make these goodies and for that....I am grateful!
Yumm-o.  Homemade bread.  Love it!

Day 15-MY HUSBAND, WADE

I suppose this post should have been the first one, November 1st.  I am truly grateful for all that Wade does for me.  He supports me, he laughs with me, he holds me when I need a good shoulder to cry on, he encourages me, he does things for me (yes, he does dishes and laundry!!!), and the list goes on and on and on....We have had our share of ups and downs lately, but one thing is always certain.... I am eternaly grateful for Wade!  Love you honey! :)

Wade in his vehicle...gotta love Medstar?


Day 16- HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
So it has been cold here and there is nothing quite like a nice warm bowl of soup to make you feel better!  Yummy!!!  Anyways, John and Jana invited us over to their house for dinner and she had made homemade chicken noodle soup.  It was quite delicious.  I love soup and I love chicken noodle soup.  Nothing is as good as homemade soup and for that.... I am grateful.



DAY 17-ALL FOUR SEASONS

I love snow!  I love to watch it fall & swirl all around.  I love to watch it come down (especially when I am inside in warm comfy sweats, drinking hot chocolate and reading a good book!)  I am grateful to live in a place where I can experience all four seasons. 


Day 18-GOOD FRIENDS
I am somewhat of a homebody and don't go out much.  I am not going to lie....Sometimes, I just prefer to stay home.  I don't really have a lot of friends, but know a lot of people-I guess aquaintences.  I have some friends I haven't talked to in quite awhile and when we catch up, it's just like we visited yesterday.  Anyways, today I am grateful to all my friends and the support they give me.  I am grateful to call you a friend.

Day 19-TENDER MERCIES

Have you ever felt like that picture of the cat who is holding onto a rope and at the end of the rope is a knot and it is starting to unfrey?  Well, that has been me lately.  Life has been kind of crazy and hectic lately.  It is true, that you just have to keep holding on and doing all that you can do.  Then just when I feel like there is no hope, something happens that softens my heart and makes me remember the bigger picture and gives me the strength to keep holding on to the rope....for those moments, these tender mercies, I am grateful!



Day 20-Sundays

I have been thinking a lot lately about Sundays and how people use the 7th day of the week.  It is interesting to see how people use this day of the weekend.  I look forward to it.  I enjoy the Sabbath day-I enjoy going to church and filling up my spiritual bucket.  I am grateful for this free land that allows me to worship freely and allows all of us to worship how we want, where we want and what we may.


So, here is more than a week's worth of what I am grateful for.  I will try to be more dilligent and keep on it.  So, until next time....keep the faith and keep looking for all the small things in life to be grateful for.  I know my life is better when I do. Until next time...adios, J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List