About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude Days 3-6

So, my week has been kinda crazy and hectic and I did not get to a daily posts.  So here are my thoughts on what I am grateful for, days 3-6.  Enjoy!
Day 3-
Today I am grateful for the power of learning.  As an educator by trade, I have the opportunity to work with many different kids.  It amazes me as to how some kids are motivated to learn while others, not so much.  I am grateful to all those teachers who took the time to teach me-whether it be in school, work, church or play.  I <3 teachers!  My grandmother & mother were teachers by trade and my sister and I both teach.  No, we don’t do it for the pay, but I know the reason I do it is because I have a love of learning. 

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think – Socrates

Thank you teachers who have taught me to think!

Day 4-
Today I am grateful for my parents.  I suppose I could say, “I, Julie, being born of goodly parents….”, but then who doesn’t say that?  I am grateful because they made me who I am today.  I am grateful for the lessons they have taught me.  I am grateful for their continual support and love.  Thanks mom and dad!  I love you!

Jim & Kathy Rackham
AKA "The Parentals"
Day 5-
Today I am grateful for my scouting friends.  I was asked to be in charge of our council day of training called Bigfoot.  This is no small undertaking by any means.  However, after many phone calls, emails, text messages, Facebook messages, etc. I found people who were willing to share their time and talents to be a part of this event.  There were several people who had conflicts and were not able to do it, but there were others who were able to do so.  To them, I am grateful!  I have met many new people from all over the council (it expands from the Canadian border, down south to Prosser, goes from the Cascades to Ritzville).  I have met many great people and am thankful for the friends I have made there too.  Thank you!
Day 6-
          Today I am grateful for sunshine!  As I looked outside today and saw the sun shine, songs kept going through my head.  “There is sunshine in my soul today…” , “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine…” , “Sunshine on my shoulders make me happy…” ,“I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…”, “Ain’t no sunshine…”  Anyways, I think you get the point!  Love me some sunshine.  As much as I love all four seasons, there is something about the sunshine that just puts me in a better mood and puts a smile on my face.  I am grateful for the sunshine.  It is almost like God sending His love from above.  Thank you sunshine.

Until next time…adios, Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List