Once again, I am behind in my Attitude of Gratitude Posts. Shocker, I know!?! So here I go....
Day 8-
Music
I am grateful for music!!!! I grew up in a household where we were taught at a very young age to appreciate music. I come by my musical abilities quite naturally. My maternal grandparents played instrments (grandpa-trumpet, grandma-organ/piano) and it was passed on to my mom who in turn passed it onto me and my siblings. I am grateful for the power of music and for how it can uplift, how it can calm and soothe me, how it can make me want to get up and dance, how it speaks to me....Music is a powerful tool. I am grateful for the power of music, the ability I have to make music, and for the part it plays in my life. "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent". ~Victor Hugo
Day 9-
My Sight
Today I am grateful for my eyes and the ability I have to see. It amazes me as to the beauty of the earth and how much beauty there is. There truly is beauty all around!
Day 10-
My sister, Laura
Today I am grateful for my sister Laura! She and I are almost two years apart and growing up we were not exactly the best of friends-major sibling rivelry. However, I am here today to let you know that we are great friends! Today (Nov. 10th) is her 21st wedding anniversary. Even though we live almost 2000 miles away and we can go days without talking (gotta love the 3 hour time difference-BOO) we pick up where we left off. She is a rock! She is an amazing lady, an amazing mom and an amazing sister. I live her with all my heart and look forward to the day when we are both in the same time zone again! She has a heart of gold and works her tail off sacrificing for others, especially her children. She finished up her AA right before her daughter was born. After she moved to GA, she went back to school and took one class a semester and after what she felt like forever, she did it! She got her BS in Early Childhood Development. She is the picture of dedication and pushing on to get to one's goal. She is amazing and I am grateful for all she has taught me. Luv ya 'mana!
Laura with one of the kitties, Mia
Day 11
Freedom
In honor of Veteran's Day, I think I would be ungrateful if I did not dedicate my attitude of gratitude to all those servicemen and women who have fought hard to protect the freedoms in which I enjoy daily! To those who have loved ones who have served, to those who have lost their lives, to those who still protect those freedoms, I say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
"...because there ain't no doubt I love this land...God Bless the U.S.A."
Until next time...adios, Julie





No comments:
Post a Comment