I know, I know, I know. We are barely three weeks into the new year and already I am slacking on my Sunday 52 Blessings Post. Although, in my defense, I haven't felt 100%, so last week came and went. I slept most of it. So, in honor of that, today you will get two for the price of one!!!! Enjoy!
Modern Medicine
As I stated, I haven't been feeling 100% and man, I sure can feel it. Long story short, I got hit with Bell's Palsy on the 26th of December. Talk about slowing down!!! If you do not know anything about it, you can find more information here:http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/bells-palsy-topic-overview
It made the left side of my face droop. I seriously thought I had had a stroke. Good news, I didn't! I went to the walk in clinic and the doctor prescribed steroids, rest and more rest. As I have been recooperating, I have truly learned how amazing the human body is. I am not completely "cured", but I am getting there. I was amazed as to how many muscles our faces have and took for granted little things like being able to speak correctly, chewing, not drooling, etc. I have slowed down and am taking it one day at a time. I am grateful for modern medicine and that I was able to be diagnosed and prescribed medicine. Be good to your body, as it is the only one you have. Take time for yourself and remember that it does not hurt to say "NO" every once in awhile.
My Marriage
Today, Wade and I started a marriage and family class for Sunday School at church. I know, it is kind of funny because we have been married for almost twelve and a half years. Oh well.... there are other younger couples and two "more seasoned "couples. Anyways, our discussions were interesting. It made me stop and think about the choices we make and how it is very important to be married to the right person in the right place by the right authority. It seems like in today's society that the divorce rates are sky high and people just give up and don't work at their marriages. We spent so much time planning our wedding that sometimes we forget about working on our marriages. So, for the next two months or so, we will focus on marriage. It should be interesting. But in all seriousness, I am thankful for my husband and our decision to be married. I can't say that it has been easy, that's for sure, but I do love him and frankly, I think I am too old to teach a new dog tricks, so Wade.... you are "stuck" with me. So, be kind to your spouse, live them, say you love them every day. Hold them tight and work on being united.
Until next time, adios~Julie



No comments:
Post a Comment