About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Daddy!




This is the card that my mom and sister gave him. It has the Indiana Jones theme song that plays when you open it. Inside it says,

"It's not the years, it's the mileage. Here's to being well traveled."

That so sounds like my dad. He liked the card. He would open it and lead the song. It was quite cute!


So, July is pretty busy with birthdays and anniversaries. So is August. This is the first. I am trying to be on top of things, so here goes.....



"This month is such a special one, it's birthday time for you. We'd really like to celebrate this special day with you. Zip-a-dee-a and hi-dey-o, there's something we can do. We'll sing a song that we all know.... Happy Birthday to you!"




HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG DADDY! :)



My dad is the best guy I know.
So, in keeping in tradition, here is the top five reasons why I love my dad. There are more, of course, but these are the top ones.


1. He made me who I am today. What more can I say than that.


2. We are a lot alike. We have some similar mannerisms & temperament.


3. He has a heart of gold. If you need something done, he's your guy. I have seen him do more projects than I can count (dog run, doggy door, re-roof, building a gazebo, digging trenches, etc. There are more, but these ones seem to come to mind.)


4. His work ethic. He is the guy who is always putting chairs up at the end of meetings, getting the vacuum/broom out and sweeping (even though there are people who are half his age standing there doing nothing). He taught my siblings and I how to work and to take pride in your work. A job worth doing is worth doing well.



5. His love of life! Ever since I can remember, he has been on the go and still goes. My sister and I went and visited him at scout camp earlier this summer. He was a going machine. You would never guess that he is in his upper sixties. He is like the energizer bunny-going, going,going and still going strong.


Thanks for all you do dad. You are the best ever. Hope you have one great day. Love ya!
~Julie


Here are some photos from our dinner. Dad decided that he wanted to have pizza (even though we offered to take him to the buffet (Golden Coral or the China Buffet), but he wanted pizza.













1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the pictures of your family. I miss hanging out at your parent's house. Memories...Julio

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List