About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

30 Days to a new me?!?

Okay, I know that I do have people who read my blog, to which I say "thanks" for taking the time to read all about my "exciting" life. Every once in awhile when I blog-hop (come on, I know you all do it. You go to a friend's blog, read their updates, then scroll through their friend's blogs and click on one of them and then an twelve blogs and an hour later, you have read all about someone you went to school with, someone who has posted way too much information, an update about a family reunion, etc.) I get distracted thinking that my life really is not that exciting. Oh well... such is life.

I have come to a point in my life in which I have been contemplating and thinking about different things. I keep coming up with the realization that my life is not what I thought it would have been like at this moment in time. Don't get me wrong, I have many things to be thankful for. In fact, I am going to CASE (copy and steal everything) an idea that I got from Jayne Payne's blog. I love reading her blog). Anyways, her Sunday posts are labeled 52 blessings. Each Sunday she blogs about something she is grateful for/blessing. So, stay tuned, as I will soon be posting my own version of 52 blessings. Of course, there are only 20 more Sundays left in the year, so I might title it 20 blessings. Who knows...... stay tuned.

Anyways, back to what I was saying. Life sure is interesting. It makes me think of that quote that goes "Man plans, God laughs". I know He is in control and I have to continue to put my faith and trust in Him, but man, it sure can be hard. So.... after much contemplating, thinking, pondering and wondering, I have decided that for the next month, I am going to do all in my power to make it a better month. So, to do this, I needed to make a list, so here we go~

30 days to a new me!
For the next 30 days (or in the next 30 days), I will.....
1. Have a positive attitude.
2. Write in a gratitude journal-write one thing I am grateful for each day.
3. Get my rear in gear and exercise a minimum of 20 days.
4. Lose five pounds.
5. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water (and less Diet Coke).
6. Get all caught up with my RAK B'Day club cards (I am a few months behind).
7. Decide what I want to do in regards to employment and in Nike's words, "just do it!"
8. Blog at least twice in the next month.
9. Spend less time on the computer (guess I will have to farm less, sorry farmtown/farmville neighbors).
10. Read at least two books.
11. Organize my stamp area.
12. Organize photos/scrapbook area.
13. Organize computer area.
14. Declutter master bedroom.
15. Clean off my dresser.
16. Declutter my dresser.
17. Declutter my closet.
18. Thin out DVD shelf (translates to "get rid of half of them".
19. Deep clean kitchen-this includes walls, cupboards, stove, refrigerator, counter tops, etc.)
20. Declutter linen closet.
21. Get to bed before midnight (at least Monday-Thursday night).
22. Be on time with my blog birthday/anniversary shoutouts (I have 5 coming up in the next month).
23. Organize/declutter hall closet (I have way too many coats).
24. Finish up baby blankets for niece-to-be (she will be here in October!) Okay maybe finish up is not the correct verb, because I haven't started them. They shouldn't take that long, but I just need to do them.
25. Organize guest bedroom.
26. Organize bookcases in guest bedroom.
27. Organize school/teacher stuff. Yes, "stuff" is a good word. You know, take back textbooks to my classroom, throw old papers and such out, organize notebooks, etc.
28. Get syllabus ready for CSS 100 the new class (new to me) that I will be teaching in the fall.
29. Write at least 5 letters to people who have had a positive influence in my life thanking them.
30. Continue to have a positive attitude. Yes, for those of you counting, number one and number thirty are the same. I need to remind myself of this every single day, therefore, I begin and end with this thought.
So, to all, I say.... stay tuned for progress and a report in one month. May we all continue to be people of faith and remember that the best is yet to come. So, until next time.....
Adios~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List