About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Belated July Birthday Shoutouts!

Okay, I am almost caught up, if you can believe that. July is always a crazy month with two anniversaries and four birthdays. August is almost as crazy. There are only three birthdays and two anniversaries. Anyways, I have finished my anniversary shoutouts post , so here is my birthday shout outs post. Enjoy! :)



Happy Birthday Mom!


Here is a photo from our spring break trip taken in April 2009. It was quite windy, thus the fabulous hairdo! Anyways, here is why I love my mom.



1- She made me who I am today.
2- She instilled in me the love of music. (I suppose it doesn't hurt that I also inherited her musical genes too!)
3- She is a great proofreader. Growing up when ever we wrote a paper, she was always willing to proof it (and still does, to this day). Her grasp of the English language amazes me.
4- She gave me the love of learning. I have always been one who loves learning and knowledge. We often swap crossword puzzles. She is way better at it than I am, of course.
5- She is willing to listen. I love her phone messages "just mom here....." It cracks me up. Of course, there is no such thing as a quick phone call from her, but that's all right.
6- She's my mom.... need I say more? Hope you had a good one mom.


Happy Birthday John!




Now, I know to some it might be confusing because I have a brother John and a brother-in-law John. This shoutout is for my brother-in-law. Here is my top 5 reasons why I love my brother-in-law, John.



1. He is humble. From the first day I met him (Wade and I were dating at the time), he was and still is quite modest and humble.
2. He is a great dad. He has two little girls and he is great with them.
3. He is quite laid back and relaxed. He lived with us for a quarter when he went to Big Bend. It was an interesting experience, because that was the quarter when coaches and recruiters were contacting him in regards to come play ball for them. Even though it seemed like the phone would ring constantly for him, he took it in stride and was quite relaxed. (He might have been on the inside, but he never let that show!)
4. I am amazed at his ability to play cards. From the first time we played hearts to pinnocle, he has this incredible knack of doing quite well. (Personally, I think he has the ability to count cards, something I don't have), but it is still fun to watch him play cards. It isn't always fun to be playing against him, but he is usually up for a good game of cards.
5. He is a good guy. I am fortunate to have great brothers and brother-in-laws. Thanks John. You are awesome!


Happy Birthday Grandma Galbreath! (photo coming soon)


She is an amazing woman and has had an interesting life. I love visiting her and listening to her stories. She is a lady who is a great example of perserverance and enduring life well. She is one amazing lady. Hope you had a great birthday grandma!

Happy Birthday Laura!



My sister is amazing. They say there is a bond that sisters have that can't be broken. I have to agree. However, in order to do it justice, I am going to dedicate a shout out specifically to her. So, stay tuned...... hope you had a great day Laura!

Until next time~adios, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List