So, I have been a bit behind (perhaps about 6 weeks worth) with my 52 Blessings blog posts, so I decided that I would do one mega blessings post, so here we go....
4 Seasons
I am grateful that I live in a place in which we definitely have more than one season. Although today, I am feeling like the seasons go hot, hotter, cold and colder. Anyways.... I love the snow and am looking forward to more of it. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Music
I have grown up with an appreciation for music. In fact, I taught music at a local elementary school for two years. The above picture is of my niece, Jennica. When we were in Georgia for my sister Laura's graduation, we were able to attend her high school band concert. It was pretty good and I loved seeing her.
I love music and am always amazed as to it's power. There is a saying that goes something like "music has power to taim the wildest beast...." I love the Christmas season that let's me dig out all my Christmas cd's and get into the mood. I love how music can change my mood, motivate me to clean and even wakes me up in the morning. Music plays a special part in my life.
Warmth (Heat)
A few weeks ago when we had that sub arctic weather, it was freezing cold outside. One day it was -2. Yes, that is a negative in front of the two. It was literally too cold to move. I wore long johns and two pair of socks every day in addition to a long sleeve t-shirt and sweater, fleece jacket, gloves and winter coat. It was ridiculous. Needless to say, during that time, I was greatful for warmth. We do not have a fireplace, but when we were at Dan and Cami's I realized how fortunate we are to have a heated house, warm clothes, jammies and blankets.
Education
(Jason, Jennica, Laura & Joshua)
I am grateful for parents (and grandparents) who valued education and did everything in their power to make sure that we developed the love of learning. The above photo is taken from my sister's graduation. She had completed her two year degree, but took a bit of a hiatus. She was a mom first and then decided four years ago that she wanted to work on her Bachelors. It took her four years, one or two classes at a time, but she did it! She graduated from Gainesville State College with her Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Care and Education. Way to go sister! You did it. You rock! I know you had your doubts and wondered, but now you have a great job waiting for you in January! You go girl. It is amazing where education can take you. I consider any and all education truly a blessing!
Children
As you may or may not beaware, Wade and I are unable to have children. Who knows why. We are part of that 10% unexplained infertility. We have come to grips with it a few years ago. Yeah, we have our ups and downs with it. We do get our fill of children. Wade is actively involved with scouts and I an imvolved with Primary, Cub Scouts and of course my latest adventure, teaching 3rd grade. I felt like those 15 kids are "mine". Anyways.....
We love to get together and do things with family and spend time with nieces and nephews. We try to remember our camera. This Christmas EveI told my niece, Eliza, that she could take pictures with our camera. (Don't worry, this will be a separate blog entry!) Anyways, it was fun to see the pictures she took. Almost like Christmas through a child's eye.
I have learned a lot from children and appreciate every lesson I have learned, especially this last year. I think kids teach me more than I teach them. What a great lesson to learn!
Health
My dad has his shoulder operated on the 18th and there are a lot of things that he can't do. It frustrates him and it has made me grateful for my body and health. However, recently I have been dealing with a few things that has made me stop and think even more about how amazing the human body is and when you can not do things that you normally do, it is frustrating and you feel like your body is failing you. UGGH! :(
So, until next post (which will be coming soon!), get some well deserved rest from Christmas, do something for another and reach out to others. Let's keep the spirit of Christ alive all thoughout the year. Hugs to all. Until next time~adios, Julie

No comments:
Post a Comment