Okay, so November is more than half way over and on almost every blog I have read, bloggers are writing about all the things they are thankful. Don't get me wrong, as I am full of gratitude, even down to the little things. However, I am planning my thankful blog closer to Thanksgiving. So, stay tuned.
I have decided that I want to report back on my 30 days to a new me plan, so here it goes!
1. Positive attitude-Well, you will be happy to know that it's all in the attitude. I feel that somedays I did really well and then there were days that I didn't do so well. Every once in awhile, I told myself that I needed an attitude adjustment.
2. Gratitude journal-I did not write them down, but either on my way to work or on the way home, I would reflect on all that was good in my life and try to find the good in all. It is amazing how much I n0ticed when I took the time to notice the little things and find joy.
3. Exercise-that would be a big negative. I wanted to exercise at least 20 days and that didn't happen. I am working on it. Somehow I just can not motivate myself to get to the gym at 5 in the morning. Maybe someday. Of course, I didn't get there after school either. :(
4. Lose 5 pounds-that didn't happen, in fact just the opposite happened. I had lost 14 pounds since January and have put them all back on. *uggh* There is that link to exercise. *sigh*
5. Drinking more water-There were days that were better than others. Have to say that drinking water is definitely cheaper than Diet Coke. I found myself drinking more milk too.
6. Get caught up with RAK B'day swap-sad to say, but I am still behind here. *sigh*
7. Employment- I figured out what I wanted to do and did something about it. I am enjoying it, but is has been a lot of hard work.
8. Blogging-well, as you can tell from the date of my postings, I didn't blog at least twice a month.
9. Less computer time- I am giogn to have to call this one a draw. I spent a lot of time, but it was work related. However, other times I would spend time blog hopping. So, draw.
10. Read 2 books-I actually finished one called 19 Minutes and just started another called The Tenth Circle. I am excited to actually spend time reading for fun!
11-13. Organize-this is still a work in progress, albeit a slow process. I didn't get disorganized overnight, so it is going to take me awhile to get organized. Guess I know what I will be doing over Christmas break. Oh what fun.....
14-20. Declutter-there are some things I decluttered. I did think out our DVD collection, my closet and some books. I still have a few more things to go through and declutter some more. It is a never ending process though. I know I would feel better about life if I just dejunked and decluttered.
21. Going to bed earlier-there were nights when I was ready for bed at 7 pm. But I think for the most part, I have been getting more sleep than I have in the past. I just need to start going to bed at 10 and get more than 6 hours of sleep.
22. Blog shout outs- I think I did a good job on this. I have my sister's b'day coming up on Monday, so I suppose I should shock her and do it this weekend. We will see what happens.
23, 25-27-organization/declutter-this is ongoing.
24. Maddy's blankets-nope didn't happen. Again, I know what I will be doing Christmas break.
28. CSS 100-I started this process, but then I ended up not teaching it, so it's all good.
29. 5 letters of appreciation- does thinking about it count? Yeah, you're right. It doesn't count. I still need to do this.
30. PMA- I am still working on it.
So, as you can see, just like my life, my list is in progress. I guess if I did not have direction then I would not be able to see progress. Life is a journey, not a destination. I am trying to enjoy the scenery and get everything I can out of it. So, until next time...... take time to notice the small things, take time for yourself and take time to reflect upon all the things in life to be greatful for. I know I have!
Adios~Julie

you need to cut yourself some slack julie. that is a Big list, take your time and take it slow. i am a list maker as well, someone once told me if you get to ambitious you will only set yourself up for failure , and you end up feeling worse than when you started.
ReplyDeleteI need an attitude adjustment goal. I have been pessimistic lately and cant kick it that last paragraph topped it off well, and fits the month perfectly. thank you Julie!
I love the idea of the thirty days, I might just do this! maybe you should blog every week about your thirty day list and it might help you to keep on track, and you would be blogging, so that would help with one of them! i agree with Ashley though, thirty is HUGE. Good luck!
ReplyDelete