About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Five

Wow, what a worldwind of a week! It has been crazy and I haven't been home before 6 all week long. Anyways... I realize I have not blogged all week long, so I decided that I would just do Friday Five.

1. For any of you who might be my facebook friend, you might have noticed my post on Wednesday. Here is what it said.....

"Julie Rackham Galbreath iss ta bit ired, but had a great first day of 3rd grade with "my" kiddos..."

For those of you who are asking yourself if you missed anything, the answer is NO!! After some thought, consideration and what not, I decided to "go for it!" I have an opportunity to do a long term for a friend who is on maternity leave. I feel it will give me some great experience. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I have enjoyed it. Stay tuned.... It cracks me up with some of the things kids say now a days.


2. " Back to Gillwell.... happy land. I'm going to work my ticket if I can." Last night, Wade's former Assistant Scoutmaster and I were "beaded". Now for all you non scouters out there, you might be asking what that is. Last August, Wade, Lyle, myself and 39 other scouters from around the area, did two week end courses at Camp Fife, just outside of Yakima. At the completion of the training, you write five goals that deal with your scouting position. You have eighteen months to complete them. So, twelve months after we completed training, I finished my tickets. (Wade completed his in June and was beaded as a patrol). Anyways, it is a good feeling to finish. I will post photos later.

3. Wade continues to work weird, crazy hours for Medstar. I think he likes it, but he is keeping his eyes open, as the pay isn't the greatest. Oh well, as I tell him, it is a job.

4. "Operation Declutter" is still in progress, but I still have a ways to go. I am slowly working to continue to put things into place, throw out, downsize, etc. It is a long process, but I have to remind myself that it did not get cluttered overnight, so I just need to take it one step at a time. Or should I say one pile at a time. It was so bad that I think I broke our shredder. You know it's bad if you have that much to shread.

5. It's autumn time, it's autumn time........ I love the fall. Actually, I think that I like all the seasons. There are things that I like about each season. However, there is something abour fall. Maybe it is the sound of school bells ringing and laughter and excitement of kids. Maybe it is the sounds of the football players on the gridiron (I am more of a college football gal. I will sit and watch a game or two with Wade. I told him I would DVR the Husky opener tomorrow. Reminds me...... I better go and set that!)

Anyways...... I can no longer say that not much is happening in our lives. Life certainly has gotten a little bit more interesting, or as the title states, exciting. So, stay tuned..... Until next time~adios, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List