About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love-it's a four letter word

Love-It is such an interesting word, isn't it. I was reading a book awhile back and it talked about love and how it is an action verb. Isn't that so true.

I'd love to say that Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday, but I would be lying. After all, do we really need a special day set aside for love? It is someting we should be spreading 365!!! I personally think the flower shops and candy shops come out on top, as well as the wedding business.



Really? February 14th for an anniversary? (I just have to say that because my brother John and his wife, Jana are celebrating their anniversary today. I have to give him a bad time! I guess, that day worked so John can't forget their anniversary date! ;) Here is a picture from their wedding.

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY JOHN & JANA



Anyways, I have decided to write about things that I love. Don't worry, it isn't a long list, but I think this is more of my top 5. Maybe someday, I will make a longer list.

Julie's Top 5 Things She Loves

1. Family-Of course, this includes my husband, Wade as well as my parents, my five siblings, and Wade's family and their kiddos.

2. Being an aunt. Since we do not have children of our own, being an aunt is the next best thing. So far, we have 5 nephews and 5 nieces. 3 live in another state, but we still call, email and text every once in awhile.

3. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. One of my students gave me a big solid chocolate heart. Let's just say-yum! (I am waiting to eat it until after I weigh in for out biggest loser contest on Sunday though! :))

4. Living in the USA. I am thankful for all those who have gone on before me to protect the freedoms I enjoy today. I teach English as a Second Language and I have listened to some of my student's stories about living in other parts of the world, and let's just say I am grateful to have been born in the USA and to live here too.

5. Clean sheets. There is nothing better than getting into bed with fresh, clean sheets. It is a cool sensation. (I know, I'm odd.)

So, remember, you do not have to have a special day to let somebody know you love them. Tell them now. Do not wait. Share your love the other 364 days of the year. Until next time..... adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List