About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Monday, March 4, 2013

Goodbye February, Hello March!

So, here it is...March 4th and I realize that once again, I have "neglected" our blog....so stay tuned....here is an update/recap of the short month of February!

Let's see....February is a short month, so you'd think that not much happened, but it was a crazy month!  First of all, Wade and I are an uncle and aunt again!  Yeah.. My brother John and his wife Jana had an early surprise (she was due March 1st), but Noah decided to enter the world February 7th.



Noah's newborn photos.  
Noah John
February 7, 2013
7 lbs  
"Hey dad, what's up?" Noah @ 3 weeks



Wade's birthday was the 26th, but we celebrated early.  Last fall, I received an email announcing the 2012-2013 best of Broadway in Spokane.  (My sister, Lynette and I usually go to one show a year).  We were trying to decide which one we wanted to go do.  We decided to go and see......



All three of us enjoyed the show.  Music of the 80's, comedy, dancing and singing.  What more could you ask for?  We liked it!  The play is slightly different from the movie, but there are several similarities.  Here is a You Tube clip "Here I Go Again".....



Before we went to the show, we had lunch with my the M's-Mike, Mel & Maddie!  It is always fun catching up with them!


              
                      Wade and I.  We usually don't have many pictures together.  Here's one!
Happy (Early) Birthday Wade.  
He ordered the Hot Lava cake and got a free brownie as well!  Yum!
Wade and Maddie.
I think she is explaining technology to Wade!

We also helped my brother, John celebrate his 30th birthday.  He is "old"....guess that just makes me "older and wiser?!?"  Anyways, they had a party at Chicos (the go to spot in Mo-town.)  Thank goodness we only go there maybe once a year. It was fun to celebrate with family and friends.  Here's to another fab-tab-ulous year John.


Valentine's Day came and went.  Because both Lynette and I were working during this time, we decided to bake for our classes.  Usually we make sugar cookies.  This year (to save time), we decided to make sugar cookie bars.  Found the recipie on pinterest (loving that site) and made three cookie sheet pans of them.  They were delishous!!!!!  One of my kinder kiddos said "Mrs. G. these are the best cookies ever!  You are the best!"  Gotta love it....out of the mouth of babes! 


Sugar Cookie Bar Cookies....Yummy!  
Here is the link for the recipie~ http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/sugar-cookie-squares/

Anyways....I have never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  I guess I feel it has become so commercialize and the cost of stuff is ridiculous.  I feel there are 364 other days in the year to tell those you love that you love them.  So, why do we need a special day?  Just my two cents worth!  Here is what Wade got me.  Nothing fancy, but I enjoyed it. 



What's not to love about chocolate?  
Especially Peanut Butter M&M's.

Wade was has been working long, crazy hours.  He has spent some time in Spokane and Wenatchee, but was actually home for his birthday. I let him decide what he wanted to do.  He wanted to go out to dinner.  He picked....we went to....Tsunami Sushi!


Gotta love California Rolls.  
Wade is happy, can't you see?
Because he was out of town before his birthday, we celebrated with family later.  We had family over for cake and ice cream.  It was crazy loud, but lots of fun.  Wade adores his nieces and nephews as do they.  Here is a shot with most of them.

Happy Birthday Uncle Wade!
Eliza, Taylor, Cade, Chase, Zoe, Wade and Saige

So, for a short month, we sure were busy!  Good thing March is here and we don't have as many things scheduled.  I always like March.  The skies turn a bit bluer, it warms up a bit, we set our clocks ahead (more daylight), Easter, spring break coming soooooon and of course.....



Gotta love it....one of our favorite times of the year!

Until next time~Adios, J!











No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List