About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Good bye January, Hello February


So, 31 days of the new year have come and gone.  I'd like to say that I have hit the diet/fitness train, but I would be lying! :(  *sigh*  However...... it is a new month tomorrow, so we will see what happens.  

Not much has happened in January.  It was a pretty laid back month.  Wade continues to work ridiculous amount of hours for Medstar and I continue to work in the schools.  It did pick up this month, not a lot, but I have been keeping busy.  

I went to a baby shower (I normally don't go to them, different story for a different day), but it was for my sister-in-law, Jana who is now 36 weeks.....so any time soon, I will be an aunt, again!  We are all excited. So, for her shower, I provided the punch.  My friend, Jackie, send me the link for this fun punch that is the latest things at baby showers,so I did it.  Here is a picture:

Baby Shower Ducky Punch

Here is the the recipie. 
 
BABY SHOWER PUNCH: 1 packet blue, unsweetened Kool-Aid (or blue fruit punch drink, but then don't add the sugar) 1 (2 liter) bottle Ginger Ale 1 (64 oz) bottle White Grape Juice 1 cup sugar (omit if using fruit punch) 8 scoops pineapple sherbet 2-3 Rubber Duckies (make sure they float - bathtub toys) maraschino cherries (optional for garnish) orange slices (optional for garnish)


It really is quite easy.  I made it with Blue Gatorade and that was just as delishious as the blue Kool-Aid or Hawaiian Punch.  It is suppose to immitate a bubble bath.  It was fun to do.

Other than that, not much else is happening.  Looking forward to a bit warmer weather.  We have had snow, but it is all gone now. :(  I LOVE snow, just not the ice.  I wouldn't mind some more.  We are looking forward to February.  Wade, Lynette and I are going to a Broadway show next weekend, we will also be celebrating my brother, John's birthday, Wade's birthday and the arrival of our nephew.  Could be a fun month.  So, until next time...adios, J



1 comment:

  1. Oh that is cool that you made the Ducky Baby Shower Punch! It tasted real good with the Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid I made it with. I wonder if the Gatorade tastes just as good? Congrats on becoming an aunt again! I should be one pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List