About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Good bye 2012~Hello 2013




HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!


So, the calendar has now changed from December 2012 to January 2013.  Hope this finds friends and family well.  I have thought about posting the last few days, but haven't gotten around to it, until now, so to recap....here is 2012 in a nutshell....

January~
I continued a long-term substitute teaching assignment (thought it was going to kill me, but I survived) at Chief Mo.  The money was good, but my mental health is way more important.



Wade continued to drive, drive and drive some more.....




February~
Not much happened....finished up my long term late January and continued to sub in different classrooms different days.  Oh the joys in the life of a sub?!?  We celebrated Wade's birthday.  Since he had spent some time in the south, New Orleans, to be exact, I threw him a Mardi Gras party. Afterall, he was turning 40, so.....

The ageless wonder with beads and all!
The birthday boy with his "fans"




I also played for the Missoula Children's Theater.  I believe I have played for them for 20 yerars.  It is a short term committment and I enjoy being involved in it. This year they did a new play (one I haven't played before).   
 
Also, for the last five years, I had been onvolved with out church's primary organization (think of it as a Sunday School type of organization for kids 18 months-12 years.  It has been a delight to work and serve with those leaders and kiddos.  A change was made and I am no longer directly involved.  I made many lasting friendships and met wonderful people who are truly making a difference in the lives of these children.  I also had the chance to become heavily involved in the Cub Scout program. I enjoy this program and what it does for these 8-1o year old boys.  Even though I was "released", I am still involved in Cub Scouts.



March~

We continued to work, play and work some more.  Not much new was happening.  We did get a little get away, as we took a trip to Poulsbo, WA.  The last of my Bobwhites recieved her beads, so we took a quick 2 day trip over.  It was nice to get away!

Last WE1614-10 Bobwhite to get her beads.  Yeah Ellen!!!
"Back to Gilwell, Happy Land, I'm going to work my ticket if I can"
We also got the chance to stop in Tacoma and visit with our friend Debbie and her two kiddos.  We met at a Japanese buffet and had a great time.  Always nice to visit with them.  It is just like old time....we just pick up where we left off last time.  
Spencer, Wade & Anna
Tacoma March 2013
Debbie & Julie
Tacoma March 2013

April~
Wade continued to work, as did I, but I also took my annual "girls get away".  This year my mom, sisters Lynette and Laura, Sister in law Jana, and "sistah from anotha motha" Jennifer came along.  We went to Long Beach and had a great time.
Long Beach 2012-
L-R: Kathy, Lynette, Laura, Jennifer, Julie
Sister Fest 2012
Long Beach, WA
Kathy, Lynette, Laura, Julie, Jana

May ~

Other than work, celebrating Mother's Day and working some more....life went on as usual.

June ~

Brought the end of the school year.  I actually subbed most of the month.  

Also, our nephew, Garrett left for his chuch mission mid-June.  He is in Madagascar.  Yes, as in the island Southeast of Africa.  I continue to write when I can.  It must be hard to be halfway around the world in a new land, with different food, language and customs, but I know he is where he is suppose to be.

Garrett Galbreath
Madagascar Antananarivo Mission
June 2012-June 2014


It also was time for Cub Scout Day Camp.  There were new council people in charge, so things went a bit different, but for the most part, DC went well.  Out theme was "Akela's Village".  It was an Indian type of theme.  I think the boys had a great time and afterall, that is what it is all about.



July~
Yep, I needed a job, so back to summer camp I went.  Last year I went for 7 weeks.  This summer it was only 5.  However, it seemed much, much longer.  We had a new program director (young guy), so there were some personnel "issues" that I had to deal with.  Good thing I knew what I was doing.  Oh well....it is always nice to go and unplug from the world.  There is no tv, internet or cell reception up there (unless you put your phone in a booster, but there is usually a line for it.  I tried to call Wade at least once a week).  The lights and power go out at 10 pm. so I was usually headed to bed by that time.  Most nights I was in bed before lights out.  I was dealing with my ingrown/infected toe nail.  That sucked (for lack of a better word!)  But I survived and enjoyed it.  This year the food was tons better (thank goodness).  I met good people and enjoyed it.  I will more than likely go back next year.  After all, it is a job.     

 
Camp Fife 2012
Friday night Campfire

Wyatt, Ferrin, Sam, Fred's dad & Fred
"Baby Shark...doot doot doot"
 
I also did my very first Polar Bear Plunge!  Now for some of you, that might not seems like a big deal, but I am NOT a morning person, so just the mere thought of getting up early, riding a bus and plunging into ice cold water....well, let's just say....I can cross that off my bucket list!  It wasn't January 1st, but the water was still cold and you could see your breath in the cool morning air and see the mist coming off the river.  But...I DID IT!
 
 


August~

Came back from camp and tried to get back into a set routine.  Needless to say, I didn't!  *sigh*  oh well......  Let's see....what else did we do???  
 
We celebrated my dad's 71st birthday
 
We spent some time with my niece M in Spokane
 
We spent time with my friend Debbie and her kiddos~we went swimming at the aquatic center
 
I worked at the county fair (in the scout booth, of course)
 
I had minor toe surgery
 
Dang ingrown then infected toe nail!  :(

and we celebrated our anniversary.  15th, to be exact. 
 
 
Wade actually took some time off of work and we went to Ocean Shores.  Love, love, love being on the beach and ocean.  It was beautiful.  It was nice to relax and enjoy each other's company.  It was sunny every day we were there (which is a plus on the west side!)
 
Welcome sign when you turn to go to Ocean Shores.

Miles and miles of ocean and waves....quite peaceful!
Sunset on the ocean.....breathless!
September~

Started subbing again in the schools,had a Labor Day BBQ with family, my brother Cocan came up from UT with his "friend", we  celebrated my birthday (went bowling Wade, Lynette, John, Jana & I) and Lynette, Jana and I started water aerobics at the high school.

October~
Work, work and more work....."we owe, we owe to off to work we go....."

November~

Continued to work, work and work some more.  Celebrated Lynette's birthday with bowling~Thunder Alley-the lights, disco ball and all that jazz.... (it is kind of a family thing.

Julie and Lynette
November 2012
Thunder Alley
We also had Thanksgiving in Ritzville on Thanksgiving day and a bonus Thanksgiving dinner with my family that following Saturday.  Yeah!  gotta love two turkey dinners!

December~
Continued to work, work and work some more (me, not so much.  November and December were slow months subbing for me.  I know January will pick up.
We celebrated Conan's birthday with bowling, Christmas with my family the next day, Christmas in Ritzville on the 24th and Wade and I spent Christmas Day all by ourselves.  Kinda weird, but relaxing.


So, as we sit here on, January 1st, 2013 reflecting upon the past year, contemplating 2012 and resolving to make the future brighter, we are reminded that 2012 was a year of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, laughter and tears.  We will continue onward and upward to make 2013 the best year possible. 



Until next time....adios~J









4 comments:

  1. As soon as you mentioned "Polar Bear Plunge," I thought, "OMG, you did that?!!" Lol. That is a huge deal! Wow! I don't like mornings or coldness, so... I can't imagine being able to go through with it! I did hear about one on the radio over here, thought, "Hmm... that would be something epic to do..." Then I realized how much I cannot handle being cold. Good for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Although it was in July NOT January, but the water was still freezing cold and you could see the steam rising off it it. So I can check that off my bucket list! ~J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're my sister. Would live to spend more days with you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List