I am still subbing for the school district. There are days when I just despise it and other days when I really do not mind it. I finished my two month stint at the local middle school late January (I finished out the semester). I realized that the situation I was in was not ideal, but I made the best of it and survived! So, I continue to work pretty much every single day. Some days it provides a challenge and other days, not so much. This week alone, I went to four different elementary schools. I am exhausted!
February brought the return of Missoula Children’s Theater. I think I have accompanied them for close to twenty (yes, 20) years. It is a short term commitment and I enjoy being involved in it. This year, they did a new one (meaning one I have not played before. Some of the plays I have played twice). They did King Arthur’s Quest. It was cute. I am now involved in our local community theater. In the past I have been part of the orchestra (for a musical). However, this year, they are doing a musical revue (snippets from various musicals) and are using background tracks. However, I am playing for a quartet with “Forever Plaid”. I have to admit, I haven’t seen it, but I have heard of it. The music is crazy hard. Good thing I have a few weeks to work on it. For the last five years, I have been involved with our church’s primary organization (think of it as a Sunday school type of organization for kids from 18 months-12 years). It has been a delight to work and serve with those who work with these kids every week. A change was made. It was bittersweet, but I think it was time for a change. I became heavily involved with the Cub Scout program. Although a leadership change has been made, I will still continue to work with this program. I whole heartedly believe in the scouting program and the values it teaches the boys. It makes them better citizens, as well as future husbands and fathers.
We did manage to celebrate his 40th birthday. When Wade was younger, he spent some time down south (Louisiana to be exact) and grew to appreciate the local cuisine. So, in true southern fashion, we had a Mardi Gras Birthday Bash. We had jambalaya, jumbo, hush puppies, red beans and rice, dirty rice and fruit. It was a lot of fun. Several people could not be there (work, family obligations, illness etc.) but a good time was had by all.
So, as we continue with life in the month of March, I am going to recommit myself to really evaluate where I want to be in 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and even in a year and vow to start TODAY (not tomorrow) to making the changes that I need to make. Yesterday is but a memory.
Until next time…adios! ~J



No comments:
Post a Comment