About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Random thoughts as April closes

I have to admit, I am so behind on blogging!  I don't know what it is, but for some reason my 2012 posts seem to be far and inbetween.  Although, I must confess, as I blog hop, there are others who are behind as well, so I guess I am in good company.  My disclaimer.....photos are NOT here....they will be coming sooooooon. Have to download them. *sigh*

So, another month is about to close.  Goodbye April, hello May! There has been a lot going on and some blog worthy, but others, not so much.  So, without further adieu, here goes my random thoughts......

Sister Fest 2012~ My sister, Laura, flew up late March and we left that last weekend to go to Long Beach, WA.  Several years back, my mom, sister Lynette and I started a "girls get away".  Laura joined us last year (her first).  A few years back, my sister-in-law Melissa joined us (but was unable to come this year-work and Maddie), and my other sister-in-law Jana, hadn't been able to come.  However, this year, she was able to make it.  So, my mom, both sisters (Laura and Lynette), Jana and a sistah from anotha motha (Jennifer) and I made the trip.  I was fun to get away.  It was nice to escape "reality" for awhile and have fun.  We stayed in a condo, swam, hot tubbed, shopped, played on the beach, went to the Cranberry Museum (it was actually quite interesting) relaxed, barbequed and had fun.  I haven't even posted pictures on facebook, but took pictures....I will have to insert later.


Wood Badge (WE1-614-10)~The last of my Bobwhites finished up their tickets and received their beads.  For those who do not know what Wood Badge is, is it adult scout training. (You can find more information as www.woodbadge.org)  I have met some wonderful people with my scouting association and have enjoyed every minute of it.  Pictures are to come as well....

Speaking of Wood Badge, I was asked to be on staff for this year as well.  So, once a month since February, I have had a meeting.  I am getting excited. 

Easter 2012~ We had Easter dinner with my family on Saturday.  It was a lot of fun and then on Sunday went down to Ritzville for church services, dinner and fun.  It is always fun spending time with family and those you love!

Church~Mid February, I was released as Stake Primary President.  I had been president for 3 1/2 years and in the presidency for a total of 5 years.  It was bittersweet.  I know there is a time and a season to all things.  I feel a bit lost, but awaiting what comes next.  So for now, I am callingless (which is okay).  We will see what happens......

LIfe~Wade is still working crazy hours for Med Star.  He likes his job (which is good).  Just wished it paid more and had some benifits, but it is a job and with today's economy, I am not complaining.  I am still subbing in the district. I am really hoping that this is my year and that I can get a contract. That would be nice.  Hopefully since the state budget didn't cut any funds, there will be more jobs.  We will see what happens.  I am also going to go back to scout camp this summer.  It is a job and I need to help pay the mortgage. 

Other than that, not much is new and exciting.  Sometimes it feels like that movie "Groundhog Day".  The same old thing day after day after day.  Uggh!  I just need to get motivated and get moving, physically.  I think that is part of my problem. 

Anyways, spring is here.  I am hoping May will be a marvelous month full of opportunities, joy and happiness.  So, until next time......

Adios~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List