So, to report back…..
Dress up-This one was more of a challenge because I didn’t work every day in September and I haven’t always been a big makeup person. However, I know that the days when I actually took the time to put more thought into what I was wearing and took time to do my hair and such, I did feel better.
Learn a new word-I have to say, I kinda slacked on this one. I find myself getting into a rut and not always challenging myself intellectually. So, this is something I would like to work more on. I am playing Words with Friends more and there are all kinds of words there I haven’t heard of. I suppose I should be looking them up.
No soda-Okay, I am not going to lie. This one was hard for me!!! The first three days or so, I had killer headaches. I didn’t think that I drank that much caffeine, but apparently I did. In the entire month, I had two cans and I have to say, they didn’t taste all that good to me. I was surprised by how much different pop tasted and I didn’t really like it. I found myself wanting more water.
Drink a glass or water when I feel hungry and/or before every meal-I do have to say, I was craving water more and on days when I wasn’t drinking as much water as I had gotten into the habit of, I was truly thirsty. I found that by drinking more water, I wasn’t as hungry. Go figure. I have continued this habit and drink about 6-9 glasses of water a day.
Take time for ME!- I did okay with this. With life, sometimes it is hard to take time and just relax. I find myself either in front of the tv, on the computer or my phone. Sometimes I just had to put them down and sit and read…..I noticed when I was doing that, things were better.
Pick a “problem area” and work on it!-Okay, this one was pretty much nonexistent for me!! Sad, but true! I was going to get back into the habit of exercising and well, let’s just say that it didn’t happen. It isn’t like I don’t like to exercise, I just found other things to do (see above) My energy level is decreasing, I am tired all the time, I am not sleeping and my weight is creeping back up to where it was before I started ww! UGGH!!! I know there is a correlation between exercise and how one sees life, so let’s just say that I need to get going with this! Oh, and my air dyne is still in the garage!
Take a picture of myself smiling every day. Now, some of you might think this is crazy. I did, at first. However, a couple of years ago I got hit with a Bells Palsey (a paralysis of muscles). It attacked the left side of my face. (See different post). Eventually the feeling and muscles went back. However, one lasting effect is that my left eye waters and left side of my mouth droops (slightly), especially when I am tired. By looking at photos of myself smiling, I could tell if I was tired or not and think about how my day went and what I could do to change things.
Smile more. This one was an interesting one. I made an effort to walk with my head up high and to look at people in the eye and smile. It was amazing the difference I felt about myself. I felt I had a better outlook and felt better.
Recite every morning-I AM A BEAUTIFUL PERSON, I HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER THIS WORLD. I AM WORTH SO MUCH. I LOVE ME!!!!
I am still working on myself. I am definitely a work in progress. Life isn’t going the way I would like or had hoped for, but I have the power to change my attitude, so I am going to continue to work on me and become a better person. I need to be happy with what I have and not swell on the negative. Today is a new day….here’s to me…I am worth it!
Until next time…adios, Julie

No comments:
Post a Comment