So, here it is, September 1st. Change is in the air, kids are back to school, moms are snapping photos, crying, laughing and rejoicing. Football season is here and the weather, well....let’s just say that Mother Nature is still confused. Oh well, such is life. So, I have been thinking a lot lately about many different things. After doing some thinking, pondering and praying I have decided that it is time for a new attitude. As, I told Wade last night, this time of the year has always been hard on me, so let me be on my “pity party” train, do what I need and then get off the train. So, with that in mind, I did some web surfing and came across many 30 day challenges. So, after looking, reading and thinking, I have decided that I am going to do my own version of a 30 day challenge. I wanted to do something to feel better about myself so we will see what happens. Enjoy!
30 Days to a New You Challenge yourself for 30 days. You'll feel more attractive and confident, healthier, smarter, and will probably lose a few pounds, too.
Do these things every day for 30 days
1. Dress up! Fix up my hair and makeup, brush and floss my teeth, etc. Wear something that day that will make me feel good. Maybe a cute shirt or your favorite piece of jewelry. Look like I want to feel!
2. Learn a new word. Use a word-a-day calendar or app, or just open up a dictionary and pick out a new word to learn. Challenge myself to use the new word that day in a sentence.
3. No soda! Now, this will be a hard one for me. I drink Diet Coke like water. However, I am willing to try it. Drink water instead. Did you know that if I did this, then research says that you'll cut almost 200 calories (one can of Pepsi is about 150 calories) (or more) every time you replace it with water. If you save 200 calories a day, you'll end up saving around 6,000 calories in the 30 days. That's almost 2 lbs. lost in just soda.
4. Drink a glass of water when I feel hungry and/or before every meal. I might be thirsty instead. Or at least I’ll have a fuller tummy on fewer calories. Even if it only saves me 10 calories a meal that's 30 calories a day. That's 900 calories in the 30 days! (Combine that with the soda/water switch-up and that's a total of at least 6,900 calories!)
5. Take time for ME! Perhaps I will sit out in the sun for a little while and read or close your eyes and just relax. Just take 10 minutes and feel the warmth from the sun and let it relax you. Everyone needs a little bit of quiet time.
6. Pick a "problem area" and work on it! (For me, it is getting motivated to work out!) There isn't really anything such as spot reduction but doing an exercise that works a specific area of muscles will help burn fat and tone that area. Pick your area and dedicate 10 minutes a day to work on it. I have decided to bring in the air dyne exercise machine that is in the garage. Put it in the front room and instead of sitting on the couch, I will use it.
7. Take a picture of myself smiling every day. At the end of the 30 days, I am going to go through them and see how my face has changed throughout the process. I hope my face is glowing and that I am smiling so brightly at that 30 day mark!
8. Smile more. When I pass by people in the store, on the street, or at work, I am going to smile at them and not look down or away. Show your heart through your beautiful smile.
9. Every morning when I wake up, I am going to recite: "I am a beautiful person. I have something to offer this world. I am worth so much. I love Me."
So, here it is September 1st. Who’s with me? What can it hurt? Good luck!
Until next time, adios! ~J

No comments:
Post a Comment