About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where has the time gone???

Well, time sure flies on by, doesn’t it?  Can you believe it is almost September. Where has the time gone?  I’d like to say that it has been full of fun and adventure, but that might be a stretch, so I guess because I am so far behind blogging, like everything else is life, I will just do a brief run down, so here we go…..
The beginning of the year brought continual cold weather (nasty below freezing and below zero temps!) with snow, snow and more snow.  I was beginning to wonder if spring would ever come.
Okay, so I didn't take this photo, but I liked the contrast of the snow and the sunset.  So, I copied it from my friend.  Thanks Shep!
I was still subbing, and in  mid February, I started a long-term teaching assignment.  It was originally for 6 weeks or so, but ended up going until the end of school.  I was teaching music for K-5 at Knolls Vista.  I enjoyed it.  I had a starboard installed and was loved teaching music with the help of technology.  I met some great teachers and enjoyed my time there.
Knolls Vista Elementary
(ironically, this is where I went to elementary school!)

I also accompanied the Missoula’s Children Theater.  I think I am going on 17th year, but I believe it was my 20th (or maybe even my 21st show) because there were a few years when we did one in the fall and another in the spring.  I had played for this production before, so it wasn’t as hard as some of the previous ones were. I enjoy playing for MCT because I believe in what they are doing and it is amazing to see an ensemble of children come together in less than a week.  They audition Monday afternoon, I join them Wednesday evening and Saturday is show day.  I remember doing Snow White when I was in middle school.  Sadly, I was not a feature actor.  In fact I was a tree, but had a great time doing it.  For more information of MCT  check out their website at www.mtcinc.org
Sisters 3 and the madre
Julie, Lynette, Larua and Mom

I continued teaching, doing scouts and other every day stuff.  In April, my sister, Laura flew out for 10 days or so.  Several years ago, my mom, my other sister, Lynette and I started doing an annual girls trip.  It usually coincided with spring break.  We have been to Leavenworth, Seattle, Lake Chelan, Victoria, B.C. and every year, Laura was in school and her spring break did not match up with ours. So, this year, since she has graduated, she flew up and the four of us drove down to Seaside, Oregon.  We had a great time, even if the weather didn’t cooperate with us (rain, rain and more rain!)  We spent the time doing the tourist things, had fun, went shopping, went and dipped our toes into the Pacific Ocean, came back to town did some crafty things and overall had a great time.  We are trying to figure where to go for 2012.  Lynette and I are thinking that we definitely need to go somewhere warmer.  Maybe to the eastern coast and dip our toes into the Atlantic Ocean.  Who knows?  We will see.

Eleven Year Old Scout Camp May 2011
May was a bit slow, but we got through it fine.  We survived May and another successful new scout (11 year old scout) campout.  I think we have it down to a science and it ran smoothly.  Thanks in part to Kim L. and the Roylance's letting us camp out on their lawn (again!)

Can we say "Wicked"?
Aubrey, Lynette, Jana, Julie, Marsha
Also, Lynette and I went to see the musical Wicked in Spokane.  We met up with Jana, our sister-in-law, Aubrey (Jana's sister-in-law) and Marsha (Jana's mom).  We had a great time.  Net and I had seen it before in Seattle (she took me for my birthday) and so we decided that we should go and see it again.  It was a bit pricey, but I still loved it.  Love the music, dance and special effects. 
Ritzville Class of 1991
20th Class Reunion
May 2011

Sammy Eubanks
Entertainment
Wade and I have become "homebodies" and really don't do much or go many places. There are several reasons, but we thought about doing something for Memorial Day weekend.  But, as luck would have it, Wade got an invitation in the mail and so we went to Wade’s 20th high school class reunion.  Coming from a small town, their reunions have something going on all weekend long.  After looking at our schedules and such, we decided to go Saturday night.  It was a social get together with food and live music.  We got to listen to Sammy Eubanks.  For those who do not know who he is (we had no clue before we went-you can find out more at www.sammyeubankslive.com ), he is a blues singer and I honestly did not think I was going to like his music.  I did and enjoyed my time.  Most of Wade’s class came and I think he had a good time reconnecting with friends from high school.
This is one of Sammy's songs.  It us actually quite funny and he has t-shirts with this saying.
June was a crazy month.  I was still teaching full time for the first part of it and then went to half time the last week.  There were graduations and grad parties.  My nephew, Garrett graduated.  Go Garrett!
Garrett G.
MLHS Graduate
June 2011
However, Wade and I had to divide and conquer.  Wade stayed and went to Garrett's graduation with his family and I went to Cheney, WA with my family for my sister, Lynette's graduation.  She completed her Masters in Education (MEd).  Yeah Net!  You rock chica!!!
Julie & Lynette
EWU Graduation Ceremony
June 2011

Summer time came…and I went.  It was Cub Scout Day Camp time, again.  The theme was Cub Scout Heroes.  I was the registrar and helped getting packs registered and signed in.  The last two years, I have helped find people to run the stations, but this year I had too much going on, so this was a compromise.  As it turned out, I was only able to be there for opening day, as I left the next day to spend the rest of the summer at….summer camp.

Camp Bonaparte
June 2011
Oh yes, I got to spend almost eight weeks with boy scouts.  Now, for those of you who think I am crazy, let me just beat you to the punch and say, YES!  I am crazy!  I needed a summer job and this one came my way.  I spent the first couple of weeks up north (about 25 miles from the Canadian border), just outside of Tonasket at Camp Bonaparte.  I ran the Trading Post (the little store) there.  I enjoyed my time there.  It is beautiful with the lake and mountains.  Can’t say I enjoyed the food or mosquitos, but I met a lot of new people and had a great time.  I came home weekend of July 4th.
Camp Fife
July 2011
However, I was not home very long.  I think by the time I got home, and then had to leave on the 4th, I was home for maybe 36 hours.  I went and picked up my nephew, Wyatt and left on the 4th to go to Camp Fife.  It is just outside of Naches, WA.  I spent five weeks there, doing the same thing, but it was a lot more busy!!!  I will do another blog post all about summer camp.

Meanwhile, while my dad and I were finishing up our five weeks at Camp Fife, my sister Lynette and my mom were busy planning a birthday party for my dad.  He turned 70!  To look at him, you would not know it.  He has aged well.  Yeah, I see him slowing down every once in awhile, but I love him.  He is an amazing guy who has taught me the value of work and that any job worth doing is worth doing well.  I love him for all he has taught me. 
Happy 70th Birthday Big Daddy!

During my time at summer camp, one weekend, Wyatt, my nephew and I drove from Naches straight to Ritzville to celebrate with family for Grandma Galbreath's 97th Birthday party.  It was a long drive, but I am glad we took it.  She looks amazing and is still going strong.  She is an amazing lady who has done a lot in her lifetime and continues to be an example to all those around her.

Grandma Galbreath 97th Birthday party and her posterity (well, most of them.  We were missing a few!)
Amazing Grandma G. 
Still going strong at 97

Cami & Lucas G.
July 2011
Also while I was away at camp, Cami & Dan (Wade's brother) had another baby.  It is a boy.  They named him Lucas Dale.  He was a  9 pounds 4 ounces, 21 1/4 inches long and is doing great.  Here is a photo of him and Cami.

Wade and I celebrated out 14th wedding anniversary.  Hard to believe how time flies.  We didn’t do much.  I made him a nice dinner (steak, potatoes, etc.) and we stayed home and watched a movie.  Not too romantic, but he did have to work early the next day and besides, in July, he came to Yakima and I met him and we spent the night at the Red Lion, had dinner at Red Lobster and went to Target and we each got a nice gift (he got a new Tom Tom GPS (his 3rd GPS, he goes through them quickly and I got a FM transmitter that I can play my iPod through the car radio).  We decided that we would call that our early anniversary. 
Also, in August, Lynette and I met Mike and Melissa in Spokane and we went to go see Michael Buble.  Oh my!  What an incredible concert!  Net and I were center stage about 10 rows from the front.  Naturally 7 opened up for him.  It was amazing!!!!  Loved every minute of it as well.  I would definitely go and see him again!  A-mazing!!!
See how close we are to the stage?  I think it was 10 rows back.
Michael Buble Concert
Spokane, WA
August 2011
Then Wade and I were not planning on going to the fair, but my good friend Debbie (who lives on the west side) came over with her two kiddos and so Debbie, her two kids and I headed out to the fair and then Wade joined us after he was done with work.  Here is a photo of the kids.  They were in a little play but wante to enjoy their shaved ice instead.  They had fun.
Ana & Spencer
Grant County Fair
August 2011
The rest of August I have spent getting into a routine, because I will sub (again!) in the schools.  Maybe one of these days I will be able to figure out what the secret is to getting a contract.  Until then, I suppose I will just do what I am doing…keep plugging away and face each day with a smile.  Until next time….

Adios, J

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List