Okay, so I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind on blogging. In fact, I need to blog about the following:
1. 52 blessings for 9/27
2. 52 Blessings for 10/4
3. 52 Blessings for 10/11
4. September B'Day shout outs
5. September in review
6. October B'day shout outs
*uggh* It seems like the faster I go, the more behind I get.... *uggh* So anyways...... I have decided to blog about none of these (for now). Stay tuned, because I will get to them. I promise!
Anyways.... I feel like I have so much to blog about that I just do not know where to start, so I will give a Sunday six. So, here we go............
1. Fall-gotta love the beautiful colors on the leaves. Can't say I am enjoying the sub-artic weather that has come with it, but I have to admit, there is something comforting about sweatshirts, soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and crunchy apples. I guess, I should throw in football there, but really, I am not a big football fan. Although, I must admit, I watched the 2nd half of the UW/Arizona game and all I can say is, wow..... what a finish.
2. Employment-I am enjoying 3rd grade, most days. It has been a lot of work, but I am loving what I do. That's a good thing. Just glad to have a job.
3. Health-so yesterday, my sister Lynette and I got up and went to the Samaritan Health Fair. They were doing free, yes, free blood screenings-lipids, cholesterol, etc. and since I am without health insurance and labs are expensive, we decided, why not. Anyways, they had different stations set up and you could go and get more information about health issues ranging from childbirth, testing your oxygen level, to self exams, colonoscopy (or however you spell it), to blood pressure screenings. So, after walking up a flight of stairs, we sit in the chair and have our blood pressure taken. Needless to say, they were both high. So, we got the condensed lecture-increase your exercise, decrease your weight, decrease caffeine intake, decrease sodium, and decrease stress. Oh yeah... easier said that done? Right? We will see what happens. Good thing we went to the gym and worked out. :)
4. Phone calls out of the blue-My brother Mike and his wife moved back from Tennessee almost a year and a half ago. They live in Spokane now and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their first baby, a girl. Saturday, I was visiting with Wade when my cell phone rang. It was Mike. I haven't talked to him for awhile because I didn't want to bug them and see if my niece decided to make her arrival yet. Anyways, we ended up talking for about 45 minutes. He didn't call for a specif reason, other than to see how I was doing. Me. He wanted to know about me. I appreciated that. Now, I am awaiting his next call sometime this week. Yeah! :)
5. Friends- Earlier this week, I went out to dinner with two friends from high school. One lives here in town with her husband and 3 kiddos, the other lives in Seattle. She was on vacation and just wanted to get together. It was fun to catch up and even though it has been about a year since we have chatted in person (gotta love facebook chat, blogs and email), it was almost like time had stood still and we visited for quite awhile. It was fun. Although we concluded that life sure was simpler when we were younger! :)
6. Well..... for my sixth thought I have this: "God does know us and our needs, but it is usually through others that he meets those needs." So, let's recommit ourselves to do a little more and to be a little better.
Until next time~Adios. Julie
About Me
- Julie
- Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!
No comments:
Post a Comment