About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday

I thought I was going to be more diligent when I decided to jump on board the blogging train. However, here it is, June 25th and I have not posted for almost a month. Yikes..... here are some random thoughts that I have had for awhile and haven't really done anything with them.

1-Facebook, Twitter, IM'ing, Blogger...... Lions, tigers, bears-oh my. It seems that with today's technology we are more connected than ever. Yes, I can not say that I haven't had fun reconnecting with friends from high school and college, some I haven't seen for almost 20 years. Gotta love technology. However, I find myself spending more time checking my farm on facebook, IM'ing with my sister, blogging, surfing the internet, etc. and not doing things that I should-you know-laundry, dishes, vaccuming, etc. Yeah, I know those things can wait, but I suppose I should not spend as much time on line.

2-Summertime-I love summer. I can't say enough about it. The weather, beautiful blue clouds, the sun, swimming, camping, picnicing, sandals, capris, shorts, tanks, etc. However, with the warm weather brings some not so "modest" clothing. Reallyladies?????? I don't want to see your belly button ring, your lacy black bra haning out because the "girls" are showing, your itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polkadot bikini that leaves nothing to the imagination, etc...... you get the point. Maybe I am jealous because my body will never fit into anything like that, but maybe it's because I feel that more is better. (Okay, I will get off my soap box now!)

3-Education-the older I get the more I realize that education opens up so many doors. I am not necessairly talking about higher education, but there are so many things that I would like to learn to do, but I don't take the time to do it. Hmmmm..... maybe I should follow my own advice.

4-Fresh fruit- Another reason I love this time of the year is because of all the gardens, farmer's markets and fruits and veggies that are a plenty. The other day at work, I got a bag full of cherries. Yummy!!! What a nice treat. Gotta love it.

Well, I should get going and do...... dishes? Uggh! :( Anyways, as always with my "thoughts" blog, take time to spend some time outside, take a walk, enjoy the sunshine, warm weather and happy thoughts. Eat some fresh fruit and take time to learn sometihing new, do something you are putting off and will do later (right!) and JUST DO IT!!!!! Until next time....~adios, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List