About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happenings in the Galbreath household

Okay, so it has been a few weeks since I last posted. I'd like to say that my blog has been top priority, but that would be a lie. So I decided that since I was "watching" tv, I could multi task and post photos on facebook, check my email, send an email, update my blog and still watch tv. What can I say? Multi-tasking is my speciality! So, here's what's been happening since our last post~

~Spring Break: for the last few years, my sister Lynette, my mom and I have gone somewhere. Four years ago we went to Leavenworth, then the next year Lake Chelan, last year we went to Victoria Canada and this year we went to Discovery Bay. My sister-in-law, Melissa is back from TN joined us this year. My other sister-in-law, Jana, wasn't able to get off work. Maybe next year Jana. Anyways, Discovery Bay is on the Peninsula and we had beautiful views, spent time relaxing, getting caught up on books and crossword puzzles, sleeping and of course, some sightseeing.



~Celebrate good times, come on! After a few months of "unenjoyment", Wade found a job. He is driving for Medstar Cabulance. It isn't the highest paying job, but it is a job and I think he is enjoying it.



~School: Wade began his collegiate career and started school. He was a bit nervous, as he hasn't been to college ever, but he started. Sometimes the hardest step of a journey is the first step. Way to go Wade!!!



~Graduation time: My younger brother, John has finished college. He has been going for 8 years now. He went to Big Bend and got his Associates degree. He then went to Eastern and worked on his pre-reqs for pharmacy and then in 2005 he applied and was accepted to WSU's pharmacy program. It was a four program with two years in Pullman and then two in Spokane. Friday, May 8th we went up to Spokane and watched as he was hooded and is received his Pharm. D (doctrate of pharmacy). Way to go John!!!




Other than that, not much else is happening. Work, work and more work, getting ready for Cub Scout Daycamp next month, preparing for the end of the quarter, getting ready to plant our garden (as it has been a bit cold the last two nights. Good thing the tomato plants are still in the house!), and getting ready to do some serious spring cleaning. Hopefully I will be able to get organized. So until then.... take time to smell the roses (they are getting ready to bloom), get moving and enjoy life! ~Adios, Julie

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and good luck Wade! That is such a great idea to go on a trip every year, just the girls. I love it! I'm going to have to steal your idea and start something up!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List