About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Super Scout Saturdays?

I always thought that Saturdays were days to sleep in & catch up on your sleep, get the house organized, do the laundry, watch some cartoons (what channel is Scooby Doo on again?), relax and get ready for the week.

Can I just say that I am glad that March is almost over? The last three Saturdays I have spent on scouting. You would think that Wade and I wouldn't really be all that involved in scouting since we do not have kids. I guess they think that because we don't have kids, we are "perfect" for scouts. Hmmmmm.......whatever!

Anyways.... at the beginning of the month, I had training that I was involved in. I completed one of my Woodbadge ticket items (yeah! 4 down and only 1 left!!!) I also did Webelos leader training. This took up my whole morning!


Then last week, I spent the weekend in Olympia at Camp Thunderbird at National Camp School. That was an interesting experience. I have a 3 1/2" binder of "stuff" that we went over, page by page. *sigh* At least my certification is good for 5 years!


Then today was the city wide pinewood derby. It has been a long time since I have been to a derby. I went to one of my nephew's, but it has been a least 8 years ago now and before that, I think it was more like 16 years or so ago. Overall it went well. I don't think we had very many (if any) angry parents or boys. That was a relief. This was a good weekend for the derby and to be busy because Wade and Lyle took their boys on an another overnighter. I think they had fun. He's tired though. He said it was a good experience, but the boys didn't stake their tent down, so there were some "shelter" challenges, but he was prepared and his tent was staked down. Silly boys. When will they learn that staking your tent down is one of the first things you do? Hmmmm..... scoutmaster, did we forget that lesson? Just kidding Wade. I am sure you have taught your boys that, they were probably too busy talking. Oh well.

I am just looking forward to next Saturday. I am NOT planning on doing anything that is related to scouting in any way shape or form. I am going on vacation with my mom, sister and sister-in-law. It is our annual girls' weekend. No boys allowed! Sorry Wade. Maybe you could call up Grant and go shooting or do something "manly". So until next time.....~adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List