About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

Okay, so my family has decided that this year-2009 is the year of getting healthy. No more couch potatoes here. So, we started our own version of the Biggest Loser. We pay $10 a month and at the end of three months, whoever loses the most weight gets the pot. (I could use $300). We then will do it for another 3 months and so on. So..... the 15th was our first weigh in. I have to say that here in the Galbreath household, we lost 7 pounds. I do have to say kudos to us, because we haven't gone grocery shopping and bought "diet friendly" food. As a group, we lost 43 pounds. Not too bad.

I am finding it hard to get motivated to workout. I think the air stagnation and fog like weather didn't help. Once I am at the gym, I am fine. It's just getting there. I need to spice up my exercise routine. Any suggestions?

I am also doing a shout out for any lite and easy recipies for a "carb-a-holic" and a "choc-a-holic". I was craving chocolate chip cookies Saturday morning at 1 am. I know.... I am pathetic. (I started to make cookies, but I was out of vanilla, so I waited and made them later that day after I went to the store and bought vanilla.)

So, I guess here's to all my "getting healthy" weight loss buddies and to all, may we get a movin! ~Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List