About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer 2013 recap



Well, school started 4 days ago and I have already worked 3 of them.  It was for a teacher and classroom I have worked in before, so it wasn't too bad.  It was an easy way to transition into the school year.  I am having a harder time transitioning this year-guess I "played" too hard this summer?  Oh well...so as promised, here is an update of my summer......



Cub Scout Day Camp~

I have been involved in CS Day Camp for almost 10 years now in various capacities.  It is a lot of fun and I enjoy it.  This year there was a lot more prep work and more frustrations, but we survived and it was a success.  Our theme was M.A.D. Scientist (Making and Developing Scientists".   One of the biggest hits was the egg drop.  We decided to do it as a camp wide event.  We invited GCFD #5 to help us out.  They were eager and willing.

Ready, aim, drop!
Thank you GCFD #5!!

I love Cub Scouts and enjoy helping out at day camp.  It truly is a family event, as evident from the photo below-4 Galbreath's having a great time! :)

Galbreath Family Good times
Cami, Julie, Wyatt and C

Sister Time~

As stated before, my youngest brother was getting married and so my sister and niece from GA flew up.  I don't have a lot of photos with the three of us (yet), but here are a few....We did a lot crammed into a week. We always have fun and the distance has made us closer (speaking of which, I should really call her someday soon!).


Our Pinterst attempt-Nailed it!
It was dessert at the bridal luncheon

Jennica and Laura
June 2013
Getting their sessy on! 

Canada, eh?~

So, we traveled up north for Kevin's wedding and reception.  It was a long drive, but we broke it up and did it in two days.  We stayed in Kallispell and had a good time.  In the end, it's family and it's all worth it.  Here are a few photos.

Grandpa and Jennica
John, Jana and their little one!
The mother of the groom-Smile mom! 
Wade, Julie and Kevin
Kevin and Big Daddy
Kevin and Allyson
6.21.2013
Lynette, Julie, Mom, Dad, John & Kevin
Missing-Mike & Laura

We have other travel photos from our trip that aren't wedding related, but travel related.  Overall, we had a good time.  It was definitely a family vacation to remember! ;)







We got home and a week later, my dad and I left to work at Camp Fife for the next six weeks.  This is our third summer working together, even though we work in different capacities of camp.  I do enjoy my time up there.  It is nice to unplug (no internet, tv, computers, wifi, etc) up there, so I literally unplug.  It helps me to unwind and enjoy the great outdoors.  We aren't in tents, but in a cabin, but it is still fun.  Here are a few photos....


 
I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills....
Hanz and Franz
aka-Jonathan & Michael
The Great Eugenie
The Count of Montethistle
and his trusty sidekick..
Captain Bark Beatle (aka-Avery and Eithan)
The "We're hungry and want to go to breakfast patrol"
aka-Maverick (Dustin), Flipers (Jonathan),
Ferrin (Matt), Spoons (John), Matthew,  & Cowboy (Michael)




I got home two weeks into August, so I felt like my summer was quickly fading away.  Took a few days to recooperate, spent two days helping Lynette get her classroom all ready.  There was a lot of stuff in there from the previous teacher.  A LOT OF STUFF!!!  She needed to get it more organized and ready, as she started school on the 22nd of August.  She is enjoying it and has waited for the "right" fit...she found it.  I am proud of her and her tenacity!  She is inspiring!

Wade and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary.  Yep, we're legal to drive and date! ;)  ha ha....because I had been gone for six weeks, earlier in the year, I made reservations at our condo in Lake Chelan.  It was nice to go away and just relax.  We didn't do much, but relax, read, swim, lay in the sun and just enjoy each other's company.  It was a nice get away.


 




So, now it leads me to September and the wonderful world of subbing.  I subbed three days in August (the first three days of school actually).  Oh the joys.  As much fun as I had this summer, I am looking forward to getting back into a routine and enjoying the "normalcy" of life. As the song goes...."Back to life, back to reality...." yep, that's how we roll....

Until next time, adios~J




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List