About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Final Days (28-30)-Attitude of Gratutude

Well, it is now officially December.  The month of November has come and gone.  However, I wanted to finish up my Attitude of Gratitude.  I thought earlier in the week how I needed to finish it up and then I got hit with a cold and it wiped me out, so in true fashion (late), here we go.....

Day 28-
MODERN TECHNOLOGY

In the busy hectic and crazy world we live in today, we seem to get so busy.  Today I am grateful for modern technology-cell phones, the internet, social media sites and all.  Now, I know that at times I "waste" a lot of time with these devices, but I love the fact how I can get caught up with friends and family, especially those who are far away.  I love reconnecting with old friends, seeing what's new and exciting and knowing that they are all a text, phone call or email away.


Day 29-
SUNSETS

Living here in the basin, we have four seasons and one of the things I love is the beautiful sunsets we have here.  I usually am not up early enough to see the sunrise.  As I was driving home, I noticed the sunsetting over the lake.  It was beautiful.  It made me stop and think about life.  At that moment, I felt like the Lord was sending me a message-"tomorrow is a new day-do not dwell on the past, do not worry about the future, for tomorrow is a new day!"  I was grateful for this reminder.


Day 30-

First of all, I would like to share one of my favorite songs "Come Thou Fount..."  Here's hoping that the link works.  If not, feel free to youtube it.  Love it!  It is perfect for the season of Thanksgiving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2jJubwQew

I am truley grateful for all the blessings in my life.  I am grateful for the Thanksgiving season and for the challenge I gave myself-to do an attitude of gratitude and to take time to reflect upon all that has been given to me.  I am truly a blessed person and even though life might be hard at times and there are days when I want to quit, I am thankful for the trials that have challenged me, the challenges that have tried me and for those who have supported me through it all.  Here is a little poem I was given several years back and I think it sums up this season of gratutude quite well.  Enjoy!

I am thankful for -

The taxes I pay because
 it means I'm employed . . .
The clothes that fit a little too snug because
 it means I have more than enough to eat . . .
My shadow who watches me work because
 it means I am out in the sunshine . . .
A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need
 cleaning and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home . . .
The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking . . .
My huge heating bill because
 it means I am warm . . .
All the complaining I hear about our government
because it means we have freedom of speech . . .
The lady behind me in church who sings off key
because it means that I can hear . . .
The piles of laundry and ironing
because it means my loved ones are nearby . . .
The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours

because it means that I'm alive . . .
Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means I have been productive . . .
This Thanksgiving, we hope you pause to give God
 thanks for all of this and more.
~Anonymous

Until next time....adios, J


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List