About Me

My photo
Living life to the fullest the best we can....living, laughing, loving!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome back....Part I

Well, it certaintly has been quite a long time since I have blogged.  I guess before I get to the "new" stuff, I should do a quick synoposis of what's been happening in our neck of the woods.  So here goes...

Summer 2010- For the first time in like twenty years, I did not work. It was a bit strange, yet refreshing. I missed the paycheck, but the mental health was much better. However, I was still busy.

May 2010-  My niece Jennica graduated from high school.  I am proud of her.  She worked hard and had a great time in high school and I am totally stoked that she is coming up here to WA next month to visit.  Yeah!!!
I believe this was taken when she was about 2 maybe.

A more recent photo.  Isn't she just beautiful!

June 2010-Cub Scout Daycamp-yep, once again helping out.  Our theme was "Cubs Down Under" and it was an Australian theme.  I am grateful to people who take time out of their busy lives to help staff and run daycamp.  We really could not do it without them.


Also, my niece, E decided to get baptized.  Although I do not have any pictures from that night, we had a fun filled day, as we attended her dance recital earlier in the day and then went to her baptismal service.  It was a great way to spend time with the Galbreath side of the family.

July 2010- I spent time trying to get things organized and in order.  Because I had "all the time in the world", you would think that my house would be spotless, clutter-free and ready to go.  That was not the case.  Maybe someday.  However, Wade did like the fact that I had dinner ready and baked goods every once in awhile. 

We also had the chance to take a day trip to Wenatchee, WA to attend Wade's cousin Molly's wedding.  Here is a photo of the happy couple.  It was a beautiful ceremony and delicious food, good times and fun all around.  Congrats Molly & Scott!


Scott & Molly McFadden
July 17, 2010

August 2010-We usually do not do anything big or major for our anniversary.  Yeah, I guess we are pretty boring.  However, we decided that we needed to take some time and actually spend it together.  I know, what a novel concept, right?  So we decided that Wade could ask for that weekend off and we would do something.  Because money was a bit tight, we decided to get creative and not spend a lot of money.  We decided to go camping.  We got menus ready, shopped for food, packed and away we went.  We went to the big metropolis of, wait for it....Starbuck, WA.  Who knew there was a town called that?  It is down below Washtucna.  We didn't do much, except relax, swim, play card games and enjoy each other's company.  It was a good and relaxing time.  Here are some photos from out outing:

Not sure what Wade is looking for. 

 Gotta sleep on an airmattress.

A chance to show off my pedicure, and put my feet up to relax, of course!
 Shaking the icecream sphere...hoping that it will turn out....
Shake it, shake it, shake it...shake it all you can, shake it like a milkshake and shake it once again!

Enjoying our homemade icecream.  It was yummy!

Blue skies, headed my way, nothing but blue skies, do I see....

Well, I still need to blog about the rest of the year  2010 (September to December), but for now, Welcome Back Part I will have to do!  Until next time~Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List