February 21st
Good parents
Although at times, I might think my parents are a bit "quirky", they have taught me many things, they have helped mold me to becoming the person that I am today. I have concluded that I have inherited some of their quirks as well..... anyone who knows my dad knows I have a lot of his traits..... I am grateful for the lessons taught, for the expereinces and opportunities, but most of all, the memories. Thanks mom and dad. I love you!
February 28th
My niece, Maddy
The weekend of the 26th-28th, Wade, Lynette and I had the opportunity to go up and visit my brother Mike, his wife Melissa and niece Maddy. She is such a cutie, not to mention a ham! We had a great visit, Mike, Melissa, Wade and I went to the hockey game, then on Saturday out to lunch. We then got to be the good aunt and uncle, and Net too..... we babysat while Melissa got some things done with work. It was fun to be around a little one again. You forget just how precious they really are. She has a great personality and was trying to roll over. (Note.... she did it the next week!) It is fun to watch my brother develop his fathering skills and to watch him with her. It really is precious. Here is one of my favorite pictures of the two (taken just after she was born)
Thanks for the play time Maddy. We look forward to spoiling you and spending more time with you. Here's to memories! Thanks for sharing your little one with us Mike and Mel. Luv you all! :)
March 7th
Loved ones
5 Tucks
Recently, one of my great friends from college days lost her husband to a valient, well fought battle of brain cancer. As I read her posts, I am amazed by her strength! Here is one of her favorite quotes:
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." --Christopher Robin, Pooh's Grand Adventure
Becca, I love your strength, your desire to continue on and all that you do. You are an amazing woman who has taught me many things, especially to hold dear to those that you love. Take the time to be with them, to spend time with them, and most importantly to tell those loved ones just how much you live them. (Hugs) to you all.
March 14th
Friends
I have always been a person who has known a lot of people and has several acquaintances, but not a lot of friends. I suppose one reason is due to the fact that Wade and I do not have children, so we do not have play dates or kids in activities where you would normally make friends, but that is okay. I am grateful for the friendships that I have and hold them dear to me. It never seases to amaze me as to how people come and go throughout life, but certain people remain constant and how it seems at different times in our lives people come into our lives at a time when we need them most. Thank you for all my friends for the lessons taught, the tears shed, the shoulders to cry on but most of all..... thanks for the memories. I love my friends!
Until next time.... ~adios, Julie






Hi Julie....I hope you do not mind me reading your blog. I had not read Amy's for a while and after I read hers, I saw you listed on her site. I want to tell you how grateful I am for you and your husband. Your dedication to the Gospel is beautiful to see. You play the organ beautifully and your husband is so good in Scouting. I miss being at church and hearing your beautiful music. May God bless both of you and may your marriage be sweet and your lives be full of good health. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteNice posts! It helps to think of all we are thankful for. Can we go to a beach? Your background is inspiring me.
ReplyDeleteNette